Sunday 29 November 2015

Ecohaus Internorm:  Another black mark

I am primarily writing this just as a warning to anyone else out there who may be considering using this company.

  • The side (back) door was fitted originally at the end of September, but a fixed window next to it was the wrong size (error on Ecohaus' part - not ours) and was not fitted until about 3 weeks ago
  • Almost two weeks ago the door started to stick, I was having difficulty locking it when closed, although the mechanism was fine when the door was open.
  • I e mailed Ecohaus a week last Thursday to ask them for some advice.  We have builders from 4 different companies passing through at the moment, they have all had a look at it but couldn't see anything obvious.
  • When I finally couldn't lock it at all and left the house open on Wednesday evening (it is full of tools and now all the bathroom goodies) I e mailed Ecohaus again and requested the courtesy of a reply.  I did get an immediate apology saying somehow I had been overlooked and they would ring me the next day and one of their chaps would talk directly tot he builders.
  • I e mailed again at 16:16 the following day, not having heard a thing and at 16:30 a fitter called me back - and seem amazed that the builders had gone home.  I don't know how far north he was at the time, but he seemed surprised that by then it was pitch dark in Sherborne and therefore the builders (who are working on the roof and guttering) had finished for the day.  I asked him to call back after 08:00 the following day.
  • By 10:00 on Friday, I had still not heard anything (it transpired it was the day off for the chap I had spoken to the previous afternoon) so phoned Ecohaus again and this time got through to Mark Lineham, who is the only person in that company (apart from the salesman who is very good at his job) I have any respect for and who does seem to get things moving.
  • Within 30 mins they were on the phone to Alex, who finally just told them to get someone down here to sort it out.
  • A very nice pair of fitters duly arrived in the the early afternoon and were here at least two hours sorting out the problem.  When the fixed panel had been fitted (they were able to guess who had fitted it by the 'quality' of the workmanship) too much expanding foam had been used, it had continued to expand, causing the window to push against the door; hence the problem.  Anyhow, it is all sorted now.

Apart from - I am still waiting for the bottles of cleaning fluid that were promised after the Peelgard incident - soon I will order them myself from the London agent.

I am only one step away from 'twittering' about Ecohaus.

No comments:

Post a Comment